Sunday, May 29, 2011

Edwardian and WWI Eras ... A Little Inspiration

I just needed a little inspiration and sought them in some of my favorite fashion years. I thought I'd share them with you in hopes that you find a little inspiration too.

I found these illustrations on the NYPL Digital Gallery site. It is a terrific resource.


I love these color illustrations as they offer wonderful insights into the color combinations and prints of the times.





<-- c. 1912











c. 1914 Ladies' Evening Gowns and Coats -->
















<-- c. 1915 I love the different styles of draping and check out those hats.

















c. 1915 Lovely outfits with parasols -->












<-- c. 1917 Cold weather is no reason not to look lovely







The draping, the colors, the details ... ahhhhhh ... I need to improve my sewing skills ...quick!


If you like this post, please take a look at my other posts on these eras.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this era of fashion. Actually anything from Early Victorian right up to the 1940s is perfect for me. I would wear any of the dresses in your photos. I also love the photos of Princess Irene of Hesse from your previous post.....I'm a bit of a Royal Watcher too. May I recommend a blog... http://defunctfashion.tumblr.com/ Tons of vintage fashions "live" and also in fashion plates.
    Jennifer
    www.speedycat11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete