Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taking the First Step

Welcome to those who happen upon this blog. I have been inspired by the many blogs I have found when seeking answers that give a personal perspective. I have learned great recipes, gained advice on organizing and been inspired by the many people who are blogging about their sewing and crafting. So, with a lot of reservations, but encouraged by fellow bloggers, I begin this journey into my own blog.

Like many people who want to change their lives, in very small or in enormous ways, I have been frustrated by day-to-day life, small failures, and huge life events, which can never be avoided. I have wondered why I haven't had that "light bulb" moment - or moments - which would change the course of my life forever. I have berated myself for not having more willpower, energy, faith ... And, I have given up one less time than I have tried to persevere.

But, I have given up one less time than I have tried to persevere, which means I have tried one more time than I have given up and I am still trying now. To me that means that there is still hope and life and the possibility for positive change.

In the next weeks, months ... year(s), I will strive to create a healthier lifestyle for myself, to be more social and socially conscious, and to be more creative. In other words, I will work to make a better life for myself and for those in my life.

It is my hope that some of my discoveries, adventures and stumbles along the way may prove helpful to you in your own journey. Whether it be diet, exercise, cooking, sewing, beading, or anything else I may share, I hope I may answer a question, offer an insight or even prove to be a cautionary tale.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your comments.

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment