I did pretty well in May, but not as well as I would have liked. However, I realize, in keeping with my 100 Day Challenge, that it is important for me to continue with these goal in order to develop them into habits.
So here are my goals for June plus my notes on how I did with them in May.
1) Stay Hydrated - (8 - 12 glasses of water per day) - I did really well on this. I've been working on it for a while and I'm now at the point where I don't really need to think about getting enough water ... unless I'm really stressed.
2) Get sufficient Fiber - (25gm - 30gm per day)- I did pretty well but I could have done better.
3) Eat in Moderation - (1800 calories or less per day)- Honestly, I did not very well on this. I averaged about 2,100-2,150 calories per day. This is still about 350-400 calories per day less than my usual but I need to work on this.
4) Get Moving - (Walk at least 10 miles per week)- My knee was bothering all month, which was very discouraging. I found it hard to walk more than a mile at a time. However, I did begin working on stabilizing exercises for the muscles around my knees and it has been feeling much better.
5) CIY - Cook It Yourself - (Learn at least two healthy recipes.) - I did learn one fast, healthy and easy soup recipe.
6) Take off the Weight - (Lose 2.5 lbs per week - 10 lbs in May)- I did lose a total of 5lbs this month. Though half of my goal, it is still a loss.
It this has been a graded test, I probably would have received a C- for the month. Thank goodness there are not grades, just personal accountability.
In the past, I would have gotten down on myself for not completing the goals I set for myself 100%. Of course, this has never helped me in the past so I need to change the behavior. In looking at how I did last month, I am choosing to concentrate on the positive things I did and what I did accomplish. It is the only way to move forward.
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
George Bernard Shaw
I am choosing to change my mind and my life ... one step at a time.
I wish you all the best with you goals for the month ... the year ... your life.
Have a great May!
P.S. I would love to hear from you on how your are doing in your journeys to change your habits, your life ... your wardrobe. :)