Sunday, June 6, 2010

Vintage Sewing Inspiration - 1918 WWI Dress

Though I am still far away from attempting to sew a garment with one of my vintage Edwardian or WWI Patterns, I have just been incredibly inspired by Rita at the Vintage Sewing Blog.

Rita has done a wonderful job creating this 1918 New Idea Pattern:

If you are interested in this era of vintage sewing and fashion, or if you just appreciate vintage sewing projects, you should check out her "diary" on the making of this 1918 Dress. She has great photos of the process and the finished dress plus notes, which may prove helpful in your future projects.

(Note: You will also see some notes on a 1931 Dress, which you should check out if that is more your era.)

Thanks for the inspiration, Rita!

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Thanks so much for the shout out, I truly appreciate it. I am glad I could inspire someone since I receive much of my inspiration from others and its good karma to give back.

    Though my advice is to give it a try. I havent been sewing long and this was supposed to be a muslin but...well you saw what happened.

    ReplyDelete